Golden Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip (A Perfect Slots Pairing)
In the realm of iconic American finger foods, few creations hold a candle to the irresistible allure of Buffalo wings.
It’s wings, covered in that delicious, finger-lickin’ hot sauce – not nachos or spinach dip, not mozzarella sticks or potato skins – that have become synonymous with bars, sporting events, and an overall good time.
You can enjoy fried chicken wings in the style of hot Cajun, garlic parmesan, and maple sriracha – the list goes on and on, and all worth a try, we might add. But it’s the popular O.G. Buffalo wings recipe featuring high-quality meat and tangy, buttery sauce with a hint of spice that we’re going to bless you with today!
Of all the party recipes out there, you can definitely make these at home before the next big game; the perfect appetizer to share with family and friends.
While you’re whipping up this original recipe for Buffalo wings with blue cheese dip, you might want discover our popular golden buffalo too. Inside the Cafe Casino Golden Buffalo slot, you can hit spin to run alongside the buffalo made of gold, and see for yourself what makes this game a fan-favorite. Hint: It just might be the delectable free spins with wallet-filling Wild multipliers reaching up to a whopping 3,125x.
- 4-6 pounds chicken wings, separated into flats and drumettes
- 2 liters of vegetable or peanut oil
- 1.5 oz bottle of Franks RedHot sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup soft blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup kewpie mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
Prep the wings:
- Start by separating the whole chicken wings into flats and drumettes for even cooking and better sauce coverage.
- Pat the wing sections dry using paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- For optimal crispiness, air-dry the wings overnight uncovered in the refrigerator.
Make the Buffalo Sauce:
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt unsalted butter until fully liquified.
- Gradually whisk in Frank’s RedHot sauce to create a smooth mixture. For a hotter or milder sauce, adjust the ratio of butter to hot sauce.
Making the Blue Cheese Sauce Chicken Wing Dip:
- In a mixing bowl, combine crumbled blue cheese, Kewpie mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise), red wine vinegar, and sour cream.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Add a few drops of water to thin the sauce out as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking the Wings
- For the first fry, preheat your frying oil to around 320°F (160°C). Carefully add a batch of dried wings to the oil and fry for about 8-10 minutes. This initial fry cooks the chicken through without crisping the skin.
- Once done, remove the wings and let them cool on a wire rack. Cook remaining batches.
- Next, increase the oil temperature to approximately 375°F (190°C). Return the partially fried wings to the hot oil in batches and fry for an additional 6-8 minutes. This second fry is the magic touch that transforms the wings into crunchy, golden perfection. The quick dip in high-temperature oil ensures that the skin becomes crisp while sealing in the juices within.
- Once the wings are golden and crispy, toss the hot wings in a large bowl and add the desired amount of Buffalo sauce. Toss the wings in the bowl until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the Buffalo Wings on a serving platter. Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, and a side of the tangy blue cheese sauce for dipping.
- You can sometimes find chicken wings already separated which will save you time and effort.
- Frying the wings in small batches will help you keep your oil temperature consistent, helping you manage the cooking time.
- The first fry can be done a day ahead of the second fry, which is recommended if you’re serving large numbers. In fact, this step will result in even crispier wings. Just make sure you let them cool down before putting them in the refrigerator.
Golden Buffalo slot at Cafe Casino packs nearly as much punch as the original fried chicken wings recipe we just shared with you.
The game screen is extra-large with 6 reels, 4 rows, and 4,096 paylines, all trampling their way onto the grid.
As you meander through the red, rocky canyons of the west (between extra-large chomps on a Buffalo chicken wing), a free spins round may cause you to gasp so loud you nearly spit out your food. The free spins are re-triggerable, and multipliers run buck Wild through the terrain, compounding your wins up to 3,125x.
With your plate of food in front of you, don’t be afraid to slather on more RedHot sauce to add some heat. For more fire in your game, you can also try the Golden Buffalo Hot Drop Jackpots version. It’s the same great slot online, but now you get three Hot Drop Jackpots along with the opportunity for free spins.
It’s all on the table at Cafe Casino, piping hot and ready to be devoured between plates full of original-recipe Buffalo Wings and rides on the Golden Buffalo slot! We’ve got huge portions of casino games to dig into, including hundreds of online slots, table games and specialty games to enjoy. Plus, Cafe is a crypto casino, too, which means you can more easily deposit in crypto, view your balance in USD to play, then withdraw with crypto again to get your money faster.
Already play at Cafe? Don’t forget to snap up a referral bonus to load your account. To get it, refer a friend to join you and make a successful deposit at our casino using your code!